Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The woes of mature age bodies

Six months of over-work and business travel (which for me means lots of vodka martini's, other cocktails and bad eating) followed by stopping smoking (which means that I now drink alcholhol when I would previously have had a cigarette) has taken it's toll on my figure. I've gained about 8kg's over the past 6 months or so, and it has off course all settled around my waist.

I'm reasonable fit and my legs and butt still look good....but oh dear...this stomach!!! Horrors is all I can say.
And the waist cincher suggested by Cyanne is not going to help at all...it's going to have to be damn strong to have any success in the waist reduction department.

This past weekend I finally decided to take myself in hand and deal with the fat stomach. So after my long Sunday run, I set about doing abs exercises.

How did it go you ask? Well my dear, I managed to tear an abdominal muscle instead of exercising it. That's put a stop to my abs exercises for at least the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Yes, the woes of a mature age body.

(no photo being published of the fat stomach)

No comments: