Friday, March 25, 2005

Need help re Researching T-Girls roles in (probably) ancient history

Girls, in addition to my more crazy fun t-girl activities, I have suddenly developed an interest and need to research certain aspects of transgenderism. Who knows, maybe I'll even write a book*. What!! Dee be serious?!! Yes girls, I am actually capable of being a serious person.

The broad topic that I'm interested in (and for those interested in my ramblings, I'll try and explain below why this topic interests me) is what the role of transgenderism/transgenderists has been in past cultures and societies. I am only interested in "positive" roles in history, whether recent history or ancient. I have picked up a few anecdotes that suggest that in some ancient cultures t-girls were totally accepted by society and in fact in some cases revered. It's this area that I'm really interested in.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone (and everyone!) could point me in the right directions in terms of books to read or reference material or websites...anything that would give me useful material to read and research.
Please email me (see button below) or post a comment (see comment button below). All the help and direction and references source you can give me will be fantastic.

So why is this girl now turning her attention to some serious stuff? And why this topic?

Well, firstly I am growing up and maturing as a t-girl. And through that I've realised that I am now actually comfortable with the number and level of t-girl things that I'm doing and experiencing. These are:

a) Communicating with my friends. Whether this is talking to, meeting with, online chatting or emailing. And here I include t-girls and real women. In fact, this friendship area is one where I am starting to see the distinction between my t-girlness and the rest of me disappearing. Lets face it...friends are friends...and friends ultimately can't and shouldn't be compartmentalised.

b) Going out en femme. This is really really important to me and somehow I have to find a way to do this more often. I find that I'm balanced in my t-girl interests and activities when I get to go out en femme and express my feminine side in that way. If I haven't been out for a while, my mind starts taking me into the "dark zone" (which I'm not going to explain...I just know I need to stay out of that zone).

c) And finally and importantly, my exotic dance classes. This started off as a bit of a crazy thought and a fun thing to do. But it's developed from there. Firstly I can now see, in Bobbi's words, that it will teach me "sensual confidence". And I really want that...in fact I think everyone (male, female and t-girls) could and would in fact benefit from that. And then off course it is, or will eventually, teach me to have feminine movements and deportment. And finally, I am finding it fascinating to see that certain movements come naturally to females and are really difficult for my male body to do. I'm enjoying all these aspects of the exotic dance classes. Ah yes, and then Bobbi treats me like "one of the girls". That means a lot to me. That on its own would be enough reason to carry-on with the classes.

So, after all that rambling, what I'm trying to say is that I don't feel a need to push my boundaries any further. Sure I still have a lot to learn, but that will happen naturally through interacting with like-minded people...and that I'm doing.

So I don't need to push my boundaries further, but I am a Gemini...in fact I am in astrological terms a "multiplied or amplified or triplified" Gemini. According to my astrologer, he has never seen such a strong Gemini. And Gemini's characteristics lead them towards research, analysis, interpretation and teaching (oh yeah, and independently from being a Gemini, my "teacher" side is also amplified).

And the upshot of all of the above (or maybe it has nothing at all to do with any of the above...who really knows), is that I want to research, understand and interpret the roles that transgendered people have played in past cultures and societies. I am 100% sure that we would have had positive roles in many societies and I'm sure we would have had "priestess" or similarly revered roles in ancient times. I want to know and understand that, and then I'd like to research and understand what happened...why society changed it's opinion about us. And as I've said, maybe I'll then write about this and my findings. That "teacher" in my certainly has a need to educate society about us.


----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Footnotes"

* I've always wanted to go and live in Tuscany or Greek Island...actually I'd be perfectly happy with the hills behind Byron Bay...and write a book (yeah yeah, I know there's nothing unique or original about that thought), but off course never had an idea what to write about. Maybe this is it!!...LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Search for priestess of Cybele on ancient Rome.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1999734.stm

or here

http://www.sacred-texts.com/lgbt/index.htm

i know this was published a long time ago, but its just my 2 cents ;)

good luck!

Gil