Saturday, May 13, 2006

Good times and disappointments

This past Thursday evening was my first opportunity to get dressed since mid-February. That means that I've only been able to dress twice since before Xmas.

I was back in Canberra on Thursday and Friday and I planned a relaxed evening in the hotel room, doing my makeup and trying on all the items of clothing that I bought on eBay over the past few weeks. My life's been very intense from a work perspective and because of that I decided that I wouldn't go out...just stay in the hotel suite and watch TV with a glass (actually a few glasses) of wine. Maybe pose a little in the various new outfits.

And it was a lovely relaxing evening. Nearly went out...that always happens to me; once I'm dressed I just have to go out for a drink.

The only disappointment of the evening was all the bad purchases that I've made off eBay. The wonderful velvet jacket (see previous blog entry for photo) is too small, the Chinese satin jacket did arrive and is beautiful...but waaaaaaaay to small (ladies XXL in China clearly means something totally different), leather skirt (allegedly from Spain) is gorgeous but doesn't come even close to getting around my waist....what else? There were a few other items that also turned out to be duds. At least the two wrap dresses do fit me, but I will have to do something about the weight I've managed to accumulate around my waist.

Looks like Transfabulous/Cyanne/Katya will be receiving a donation of clothes from me.

The contentment of getting dressed and seeing myself back in en femme mode was wonderful.

No comments: