Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bad hair day !!!!

I've just looked at some photographs (self portraits, darlings) I took about 10 days ago. It was a lovely evening...in a nice apartment room in Canberra, first time dressed en femme since mid-February, nice bottle of red wine...perfect. Only thing that would have been better was to have had some friends there as well.

Anyway, looked at the photos and ...Oh My God!! Horrors !!

My grandfather used to say that photographs don't lie...I certainly hope they do.

My hair was a shocker...squashed flat after months in a suitcase;
My makeup looked like something out of...well out of "Bad Tranny Looks" (if there was such a magazine);
And my damn waistline looked (looks?) absolutely horrific...fat and shapeless.

So back to the drawing board for me.

I'm almost tempted to post one of the pics here just to show that I'm not lying...but I do have just a touch of vanity, so I'm not going to do it. Might post it in the future when I'm seriously drunk one evening.

God, this is hard work...all this beauty stuff.

No comments: