Thursday, August 10, 2006

Blissful Canberra Evening



Had a great evening out with my friend Szusza last night. We met at my fav cocktail bar, Knightsbridge Penthouse (wonderful-sweet-friendly-kind-welcoming-Bria's bar...thanks Bria, you always make me feel welcome).
Anyway, great chatting as always with Szusza. From Knightsbridge we walked across the road to a French restaurant and had dinner...and then back to Knightsbridge Penthouse again for more drinks.

At 1am (or 1.30am) Bria said "Ladies, do you mind if we close now." Ever so sweetly said, but yes it was time to head home.

I always enjoy an evening out in the company of Szusza. Szusza is my transexual friend who lives in Canberra. I admire her enormously. She lives a full and complete life as a woman, doing normal "womanly" things, joining and being accepted at a prestiges business/political/networking club in Canberra...and none of this was easy...Szusza had to bravely go out there and show society that she is a normal regular woman who deserves respect and acceptance.

Szusza was the person who took me out of my comfort zone by extending my public outings from the safety of gay clubs into the real world of "regular" restaurants, clubs and bars. For that I will always be grateful to Szusza and without her firm encouragement I probably still wouldn't be as comfortable and confident going out in the real world.

Thanks Szuzsa and thanks for being a good friend.

Wonderful evening and it was a blissful sleep...after taking a few quick (bad) pics of me in my new Ojay denim pencil skirt (the photos do no justice to how cool and sexy the skirt is) and my new red velvet jacket.

No comments: