Saturday, December 24, 2005

Here's to a healthier 2006 !!

It's not exactly 2006 yet, but I've started planning and practicing my new year's resolutions early. Yes, normally I totally ignore the whole concept of new year's resolutions...but this year I do have to make some changes.

So I've stopped smoking...this time it is for ever...this body of mine has been put through some serious abuse over the past 30 years or so...time to let it heal. And my smoking has been getting worse and worse...so it's time to give that up.

Need to lose about 5 kg...again...had lost it, but excessive work over the past 6 months has let to the discipline slipping badly...so I've eaten badly heaps of times and drunk far too much alcohol and not exercised...time to change that and lose the 5kg and get my sexy feminine waistline back...okay, so sometimes I live in a fantasy world!!!

Spend more time with my friends...the ones who know the total me.

And to do all of the above I have to get a better balanced work life...I have to keep the meaningless job in perspective...only work as hard as is necessary and which bears a value resemblance to the fees I receive...the workaholic's efforts aren't full appreciated in any case, so why kill myself.

Find a meaningful project for 2006!!

There you have it...my plans for a healthier 2006.

1 comment:

Dee Femina said...

Hey Lana...having your resolutions turn to custard is kinda convenient and useful to someone who part-owns a restaurant!!!