Saturday, June 25, 2005

Fun night out at Cube Nightclub in Canberra



Well, I've been out and about again. Yep, I'm finally getting to go out en femme almost weekly and off course I just love that.

Last Thursday evening...yet again in Canberra on business...I got to my hotel room and thought, "Right, tonight it's off to Cube Nightclub". I'd heard that it was a very lively club, that it was Canberra's gay nightclub and that it was tranny-friendly.

So after getting dressed, I snuck down the emergency stairwell. Yes, I'm still a bit nervous about walking out through the hotel lobby...especially one where they know me very very well as I'm a weekly visitor. Anyhow, the emergency stairwell was supposed to bring me quickly and unobserved to the safety of the dark car park...and off course I walked straight into a guy about to leave the hotel by the same side entrance as I was. He blinked, "double-taked" and then held the door open for me!!!

Cube was great. Lively and excellent for people-watching. But off course at 10pm at night (which is early for Cube), instead of finding a gay nightclub, I walked straight into a heterosexual early-twenties crowd. They were very cool about me though. No-one stared or sniggered...they just accepted me as just a "regular" patron. I guess people (gay and heterosexual)who frequent Cube are used to and accepting of t-girls and crossdressers.

Off course, a guy tried to pick me up. It was nice having someone to talk to, but I had to eventually point out that I was happily married to a beautiful woman. Although I didn't go to Cube to be picked up and although there was no way I was going "home" with anyone...not guy or woman, it was sorta nice to have someone find me attractive as a "woman"...even if he was mainly interested in my type of woman. Pity his conversation wasn't more interesting...he kept telling me how intelligent he was, but I dunno about that...I must be thick to not have noticed how intelligent he was.

And then I bumped into Szusza, who I had met in Sydney on my first ever outing when Cyanne and Kat took me with them to the Gender Centre's "Frolic" evening. It was great to see Szusza and we'll definitely catch up on one of my other Canberra-nights. In fact, Szusza told me that I need to stretch my comfort zone a bit and she plans to take me to dinner somewhere safe, but less "comfortable/easy" than Cube. I'm ready!!...well provided I can sneak out of the hotel unseen.

And then I still want to meet up with Simone as well. So soon I'll have plenty of friends in Canberra.

There's another and probably longer version of my night-out (and photos of my outfit) on my website. Have a look at the "Blog Journal" page at www.deefemina.com

No comments: