Tuesday, February 01, 2005

MAC Cosmetics Shopping - Love the experience

I love MAC cosmetics and I love telling the beauticians that I'm buying it for myself. Firstly, that ensures that I get the correct advice from them and that I end up with the right shades, etc. But another part of me enjoys the fact that they look at me with some amazement.

Yesterday was a classic example of pretty much every MAC shopping experience. I went into the MAC cosmetic shop and was instantly asked if they can help. I said, "Yes, I'm looking for lipstick for evening wear. "What colouring is she?", I was asked. My response is the same everytime. "Actually it's for me. For my alter-ego. Here let me show you." And then I produce one of the photographs of me dressed up as Dee. The beautician's response was, "Is that you!" Then she looked up at me (obviously dressed en homme), looked back at the photograph, looked back at me and said "WOW!". God I love that reaction. I've been there about four times, everytime served by a different beautican, and every single time the reaction has been almost word for word identical.

It's worth shopping there, and employing my little "trick", just to get that reaction.

No comments: