Friday, January 27, 2006

The joys of feminine youth

This morning on the ferry, on my way into the office, I sat and watched a young woman put her makeup on in the 15 minute journey into the city. It was both beautiful to watch and also "envy-creating" and yes, a bit of a reality wake-up for this mature-age tranny.

Firstly, to think that it's possible to get your makeup done within the space of a 15 minute ferry ride, is simply incredible. I've got it down to 1 hour...and I'm proud of that accomplishment. And off course my laboured one-hour does not producing an end product that comes even remotely close to the final look produced by this young woman.

The "Secondly" is off course the reason why she can get her makeup done within 15 minutes...beautiful youthful skin and a feminine face and features. I sat and watched in fascination as she used tiny amounts of foundation, bronzer, eye shadow, etc to create her finished look. I'd use that amount of foundation just to get my nose to look decent. It's all in the difference of the canvas isn't it...her canvas is perfect and flawless and feminine to start with, whereas my canvas needs a lot of preparation before the painting can even begin.

She filled me with envy...but also with joy at watching this beautiful ritual. Watching someone apply their makeup is quite an intimate experience. Is it only because I'm a crossdresser that I'm that fascinated by the process? Or do all men and women find it to be a beautiful process to watch?

Anyway, it was a great way to start the day.

1 comment:

C.Me said...

On the weekend before heading out I tried in vain to put on makeup whilst my 18yo daughter did hers in the mirror next to me. The results; Me 45 minutes and not so good. Beth 15 minutes as stunning as a china doll.

The quality of the make up maybe? Nope she used all of mine.

Her youthful skin? Definitely had a role to play.

The ability to have played with and applied makeup every day since the age of 13? I think that is the certainty.

So now I resolve to practice practice practice. Maybe a lesson or two wouldn't go astray.